No one issue in Residential Care for the Elderly carries as much importance and daily significance as the issue of residents' personal rights. Rights can be “abused” or ignored purposefully or unintentionally. If administrators and staff alike have a clear understanding of the residents' rights, we can avoid problems and keep our residents in a safe and healthy situation.
This program is designed to educate Administrators of Residential
Care Communities on how to create and implement a Resident’s
Rights policy and program. It is also meant to be a “train
the trainer” course for Administrators, to assist them
to educate their staff. By the conclusion of this program
- Recognize and understand the importance of respecting
each of the resident rights.
- Understand the circumstances or actions which could lead
to potential problems regarding resident rights.
- Be able to utilize suggestions for successful staff training
regarding resident rights.
- Have knowledge of Title 22 mandatory training regarding
resident's rights and elder abuse.
- Understand the role of the Ombudsman and how to reach
the Ombudsman to report issues or ask for assistance.