“Win-win” menu planning means that both the residents
and the property win. The residents are consistently pleased
with the menu offerings and the fact that they know in advance
what will be served during the upcoming week. The food cost
has a much greater chance of being within budget, because
the menus provide a clear guide for food ordering, labor distribution
and historical cost reviews. The food service staff is able
to find pleasure and fulfillment in their day-to-day duties,
as a result of satisfied residents and systemized operations.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Have created all the tools you need, customized for your
staff and residents, to build a set of win-win menus.
- Learn how to use these tools for writing win-win menus.
- Understand the considerations that must be applied as
you are using your tools to build your win-win menus.
- Learn how to estimate the costs of menu items and menus.
- Be confident in your ability to write a customized set
of win-win menus.